Frequently Asked Questions
What are my jewelry production methods?
For this collection, I create every handmade cluster-dangle necklace by using texture hammers and other texture tools which give the metals added texture. I hand-engrave words into metals such as sterling silver, copper, **alkeme and pewter. I hand-texture and hand-hammer each piece of metal and then hand-engrave letter by letter.
This makes every one of my cluster necklaces a one-of-a-kind and very unique piece of handmade fine art. I then design what I call "dangles" which consist of a vintage bead or Swarovski crystal with other sterling silver, pewter or copper components added. These individual pieces "dangle" from the sterling silver necklace along with the word metal I created. I also may add sterling silver, pewter, or copper charms that relate to the particular cluster necklace I am designing. Anywhere from two to four individual pieces make up my cluster necklaces.
All jewelry that I design is hand-crafted at my Virginia art studio (DevaArt). Materials used are either sterling silver, raw copper, pewter or stainless steel as components. For the 'jewel' part of my creations, I always select genuine sea glass or raw/natural crystals, Swarovski crystals, sterling silver, pewter or vintage beads.
- I'm a stickler for paying very close attention to details for each of my hand-crafted jewelry pieces and for each necklace I design, as no two pieces are ever alike. Every handmade cluster necklace, crystal, sea glass necklace, earrings or bracelet I make take time to design and much care goes into creating each of my art pieces. My jewelry art always makes a statement and would make a very unique and lovely gift for any occasion; birthday, anniversary, wedding, Mother's Day, Christmas, or for no occasion; you may just want to make someone (or yourself) in your life feel special! The Believe collection is a permanent collection.
**Alkemè is a precision milled (tin and pewter) based alloy that looks like sterling silver. It is nickel, lead and cadmium free. This metal does not tarnish and polishes to a mirror shine. There is no plating in this metal. The soft silver color is similar to sterling silver and the fine milled surface. This metal is nickel, lead and cadmium free.
CLICK HERE to go to JEWELRY COLLECTIONS PAGE.
What is DevaArt Studio's Return Policy?
- To complete your return, DevaArt Studio requires a receipt or proof of purchase.
- If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase then returns can be made within 7 business days of receiving the purchase for a full refund less shipping charges. If 7 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately DevaArt Studio cannot offer you a refund.
The buyer is responsible for ALL return shipping costs and no shipping charges will be refunded. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. The item must also be in the original packaging. Please package all items carefully to ensure that there is no damage during shipping. YOU MUST USE mail tracking and insurance because there is no guarantee that DevaArt Studio will receive your returned item. Once DevaArt Studio receives the item in its original, undamaged condition, I will notify you of your refund.
Please contact DevaArt Studio with the tracking number BEFORE returning the item, so I will know that it is on its way. In the event that the item being shipped back to DevaArt Studio is lost or damaged during shipping, I will not be able to refund you. In case this happens, you must contact the shipping courier that you selected and file an insurance claim.
- A restocking fee of $6.00 is charged for any returns. This covers materials and labor for the particular item you are returning. Refunds will be processed within 3-5 business days from when I receive the undamaged item(s) back.
OTHER: DevaArt Studio does not offer a refund for packages that are lost, unclaimed or undeliverable. DevaArt Studio is not responsible for any taxes that may incur.
REFUNDS (if applicable):
- Once your return is received and inspected, DevaArt Studio will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. I will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days.
- LATE OR MISSING REFUNDS (if applicable):
- If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company as it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
SALE ITEMS (if applicable): Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
To return your product, you should mail it in the original packaging to:
Dee Van Houten
370 Cannon Way
Warrenton, VA 20186
My customers privacy is extremely important to me. DevaArt Studio respects your rights and will not share your personal information with anyone or any organization. All of your provided information is kept strictly secure and confidential.
Occasionally, there may be times when DevaArt Studio requires you to provide some personal information. These items may include, your name, email address, mailing address and phone number. When you provide this information to DevaArt Studio you are agreeing to allow me to utilize this information to complete all transactions that you request through this website and to disclose that information and order details of all such transactions to DevaArt Studio.
Email Marketing and Promotion (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about my store, new products and other updates. On occasion, I will send customers information and promotions (if you agree to receive promotional emails) about new jewelry designs for sale. These emails will offer information about my hand-crafted jewelry that is available for sale.
- I guarantee that I will never sell, rent, or give your details to any third party, except of course, in the unusual event should I be required to do so by law.